View Poll Results: Who do you trust the most with your bow tuning?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Myself - I have learned how to do it and will continue to do it this way!

3 30.00%
  • My Buddy - He knows what to do and I trust him - Plus he's FREE!

0 0%
  • Pro-Shop - I only trust my local pro-shop to handle my tuning needs!

5 50.00%
  • Pro-Shop By Mail - I found THE place to have it done and will send my bow to them!

0 0%
  • No One - I just shoot for fun and don't worry about this crazy talk!

2 20.00%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bow Tuning - Who Do YOU Trust?

PAPER TUNING WILL TELL YOU WHAT THE ARROW IS DOING / HOW YOUR FORM IS AM I HOLDING THE BOW CORRECTLY /CONSISTENCY OF MY RELEASES. AM I RELEASING THE ARROW THE SAME WAY EVERY TIME

I SHOOT PAPER ALL THE TIME AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK FOR A HOUR OR SO
    ******* man's only natural predator is man himself *********** poet's name buckstalker17 !!!! And to think my highschool teacher told me sitting on my tail all day would get me nothing in life .

BOWTECH CARBON KNIGHT 4.4 LBS LOADED
    QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

Clean up your post so i can understand what you are saying.

CLEARED UP ?
    ******* man's only natural predator is man himself *********** poet's name buckstalker17 !!!! And to think my highschool teacher told me sitting on my tail all day would get me nothing in life .

QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by buckstalker17 View Post
    CLEARED UP ?
    Yes thanks.

PAPER TUNING WILL TELL YOU WHAT THE ARROW IS DOING / HOW YOUR FORM IS AM I HOLDING THE BOW CORRECTLY /CONSISTENCY OF MY RELEASES. AM I RELEASING THE ARROW THE SAME WAY EVERY TIME

I SHOOT PAPER ALL THE TIME AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK FOR A HOUR OR SO
    This seems like a lot of paper time. Is your bow tuned or not?

Yes sir it is tuned just fine I'm going to assume with your lack of response to your question i would be correct and that your perception of me is your reality ?

QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

Yes sir it is tuned just fine I'm going to assume with your lack of response to your question i would be correct and that your perception of me is your reality ?
    If you get an odd tear, do you adjust your bow every time? What else do you use the paper for?

You asked me a honest and fair question and I answered it and I was correct I said nothing derogatory to you but since I was correct and you assumed i had no clue so your back to the insults so there is nothing left I need to prove to you sir. You have clearly joined the site for the wrong reasons. So I will have no responses for you from here after. Welcome to BHO or thanks for visiting I don't care either way.

QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

You asked me a honest and fair question and I answered it and I was correct I said nothing derogatory to you but since I was correct and you assumed i had no clue so your back to the insults so there is nothing left I need to prove to you sir. You have clearly joined the site for the wrong reasons. So I will have no responses for you from here after. Welcome to BHO or thanks for visiting I don't care either way.
    Nice to see you FINALLY admitting it. You were very derogatory and quite rude to me specifically. Denying that shows your true character. Why wont you answer the question if your here to learn? I know what you just learned and we will leave it at that.

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    I shoot a crossbow, but find the tuning discussion interesting. I'm curious what does a tear in the paper tell you? I remember watching a friend of mine shoot through a piece of paper at about 2 or 3 feet away one time years ago. He was tuning his bow, but I never asked what shooting through a piece of paper so close would tell him. I'm assuming a tear means the arrow is coming out in an uphill or downhill manner and the arrow would take longer to stablize. So I'd assume the nocking point would need changed.

If a bow is a little out of tune and the arrow doesn't leave the bow in a straight plane wouldn't longer fletching help to correct the flight of the arrow. I'm sure longer fletching is not the best approach, but it should help.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

Thread Information