Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Piebald deer 30 yards away...would you shoot?....

Piebald deer 30 yards away...would you shoot?....

Hey guys....been out for a while but now I am taking a break from southeast Ohio...I was out again on some public land and was sitting against a tree eating a sandwich and the most beautiful deer walked out of the woods and over to a pond and drank some,,,then gracefully went back to the woods...this doe was so white and had very few light brown spots on her face....it made me think...would I shoot it in season....no is my answer, it was too beautiful. Just wondering what you guys would do. I have seen piebald before but none like this doe. Yes I did get a pic but it is horrible on my non friendly cell phone/camera. If someone has any decent photo software message me your cell so I can send it...maybe we could get it zoomed in and then we could post it
    If there were 8 days in a week I would hunt 8 days

Well,over my yrs I have seen many white deer and piebal ones
    for 3 yrs I hunted a all white buck, so yes I would have shot him, BUT I have passed on white doe before, just hoping both to keep there genes about, and cause I think they are cool to have about
    every yr or so I have a doe or 2 where I hunt now that has had white ears or mostly white ears(back and base)
    and I have told everyone hunts here, there off limits
    now a days, I wouldn't shoot a white buck, unless it was sporting a huge rack, so my desire has changed over the yrs ago when I targeted that first white buck, then a 6 pointer, and an 8 last yr I tried to kill him

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    I would only shoot the deer if he had a rack big enough to make him my target buck. Color means little to me, except I do like chocolate colored antlers.

Good to see you back, Mike.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream

Not sure if I would or not. If I ever have one close I'll find out then.
    Nice pics BH.

I am a meat hunter so if it was decent sized yeah

What's seems to be the problem here? Yall got Bambi Syndrome? It's just a lack of pigmentation. Is it breathing? Then let the air out. Too many laws get passed on emotions already. Hide tanned on back of couch. Loins on grill. No syndrome here.

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    Nice photos, Chuck.

Its nice to see that we all agree, haha. I find it interesting that we that we all hunt the same critter, but all have different ideas and goals. A young, tender yearling, that I would never shoot, is fair game to many. Myself and others are after big racks and others like 00buck are looking to fill the freezer.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Funny isn't it?! For us since we have some property we can try to manage there in Ohio it's an easy decision to let a doe walk, also partly because our deer numbers (does) are still low. This year we have yet to get twin fawns on camera yet and with having 3 yotes in one trail camera picture we think we know why. Hard to say but even yotes could have killed her.

It all depends on many things. If I am managing a property and want to see about offspring and genetics, then I keep it off limits to shoot. If I am hunting for meat and it is a shooter...

THWACK. Piebald backstraps.

Thread Information