Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Splitter In His 2013 Top Hat

well I think I was one that said, brow tine missing or not, that's a shootter in my book, but then again, I pass on many bucks others would shoot, to each our own I say
    and I too hope that one made it for you too, love to see how he turns out this yr!

holy sh*t i would shoot either of them for sure

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Yeah, fully mature buck with looong beams and several points.....yep I'd shoot him in a heart beat and say the broken brow was just added character!! Just goes to show what can show up in November!! Crossin my fingers he's still alive for you hortontoter!!

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    Got a couple more so so shots of him last week. He is adding more antler every week. He is for sure a 15 point and maybe a 16 pointer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PICT1616.jpg   PICT1617.jpg  
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

well that is one great buck, with a lot of class going for it, plus you have the history of him
    a great deer, I hope you tag him this yr for sure!

He is starting to keep me awake night. Watching him grow over the last three seasons has been interesting. Just knowing he has eluded me for two complete archery seasons. And also being able to survive two Ohio gun seasons tells me he is a cunning animal. He evidently knows where to stay during the pressure of gun season. I feel he has my number somehow also.

I'm confident that sooner or later we will cross paths. My worst nightmare is that one day he just vanishes. I guess I have hundreds of photos to remember him by if worse comes to worse.

The history, along with his teriffic rack, is why I keep letting the decent bucks walk by. As long as I know he exists it will be very hard to shoot a different buck.

yes not knowing is always the worse, and second worse deal is, holdig out for him, after someone else killed him and you don't know
    and worse yet is if you passed on some great bucks holding out
    been there done that, NO fun for sure
    if it was me, I would be working as hard as possible to find some folks with apple tree's
    and start stock piling apples, and adding them as often as you could, to keep prime food there, and try to kill him openening day
    he is a fine buck, and worth the extra effort if you can swing it
    the fact he made it 2 gun seasons, is good, but could also mean he goes nocturnal , making deer like that very hard to kill LOL
    best of luck for sure!

Yes, Stan, he has the habit of going nocturnal very early in the season. The apple idea is a good one. But, I don't want to shoot him over bait if I can help it. Some may feel using the Trophy Rock is baiting, and to some extent they are correct. But, from past experience deer usually find minerals much less appealing come October.

I've only passed one really good buck hoping to take this buck. To be honest, I don't regret it though. I've made this particular buck my own personal challenge and truely enjoy sitting in the woods just knowing that there is a chance he will show up. If and when I take him it will be bittersweet in some ways. Yes, I'll be thrilled to have taken him, but it will sure take the excitement out of card pulls on the trail cameras.

well I have never been a fan of ghunting over a bait pile
    so I get that, BUt I have never had a problem with putting, well for me building food sources to keep deer on the property
    I guess food plots is baiting in some sorts
    but having several acres to feed in and access to them 24/7
    its not as easy as some might think
    but it sure does pull and hold deer all season long
    which is what I was saying more for you
    if you can keep sweeter feeds on your lands, maybe he will come about more often, not so much hunt over a pile of apples
    maybe down from it a 100 yrds of so ??

Thread Information