Athletic Greens
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Splitter In His 2013 Top Hat

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County

Splitter In His 2013 Top Hat

Man I want to take this deer in an awful way. This will be the third season he has been in my area. And this looks like it will be his best rack to date. He doesn't seem to be much of a fighter at this stage of life, so I'm hoping his rack stays intact. I didn't get any real good shots of him in this last group of photos, but good enough to get me pumped up. Looks like he will be a solid 14 and maybe a 15 pointer this season. Nice tall split brows and one split G2 so far, decent spread and good mass. Still a good month to grow too. This deer would be my buck of a lifetime. The pictures are off kilter from a squirrel knocking the camera out of whack on the tree.

I've done as much as possible this spring to try to get a crack at this guy. I've repositioned my main stand and built my barricade to hopefully funnel him by me. Hopefully all my efforts are rewarded with a close encounter this fall.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PICT4225.jpg   PICT4231.jpg  
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

well I hope you get him this yr too, be nice to get some close up pic's of him, and a real score on that rack
    and I hate to say it, pic's like this are why I love my Flash camera's over them IR's
    But I am sure hewill be there, he has a track record to get by, and that's both a good and a bad thing LOL
    best of luck
    you can try adding a pressed food block to get some better pic's
    tractor supply store sells them pretty cheap, and from all my experience with them last yr and this, deer love them

I agree Stan, this Bushnell Trophy Cam leaves a lot to be desired for photo quality. My cameras are almost always under a heavy leaf canopy and it makes the camera take IR photos even during most of the daytime. I get many photos that are mostly washed out due to my camera placement. Flash cameras do take better photos by far. But, even poor quality photos tell me what I need to know.

I will be placing one of the TS blocks along with a Trophy Rock nearby next weekend.

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Oh boy hortontoter he's turning into quite the buck!! Got some great character!!! Keep him happy and comfy so he will stick around!!!
    Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    - Thomas Edison

Well sounds like aplan, but if you keep a cam over a mineral site or even bait, them cheap ass Tasco's camera's wally world sells for 50 bucks work pretty good, and are a flash, flash is only good for about 15 ft, but again for a mineral or bait site, I been happy, you can see in the pic's I just posted too
    not as good as a cuddyback, but for 50 bucks?? If it grows legs I don't feel so bad Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Holla View Post
    Oh boy hortontoter he's turning into quite the buck!! Got some great character!!! Keep him happy and comfy so he will stick around!!!
    I intend to keep him as content as possible, Chuck. I hope my next card pull shows me some better shots of him. Here he was last July.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PICT5838.jpg   PICT5839.jpg  

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Definitely thicker this year!! Man I have such high hopes for you with him hortontoter!!
    Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    - Thomas Edison

nice would love to see him out of velvet early season would probably the best time to get him

Here he was hard horned in 2011 and 2012. I really haven't got a good photo of him out of velvet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PICT0047.jpg   PICT8332.jpg  

My secondary target was this buck last season, until he lost his brow tine. I have a hunch him and Splitter did a little combat. I haven't caught him on camera yet this summer, hope he is still around too. I remember people telling me on this forum I would be crazy to pass this buck because of the missing brow tine. I never had to make that decision.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PICT0023.jpg  

Thread Information