Athletic Greens

Thread: Goose Opener

Goose Opener

Hey guys, I know there are some hunters on here like me who kill anything. So who is excited about the early goose season? Ours starts on Sept 1 and just wondering about new gear or strategies yall plan to employ. Let's hear em.
    What business have I in the woods, if I am thinking of something other than the woods?- Henry David Thoreau

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    My buddy up here in Michigan keeps telling me I'm going this year. He usually does well up at the farms we hunt, just seems I never have made the time to get up there to do it.
    Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    - Thomas Edison

A good way to start your year off. I look forward to Sept 1 as much as any 10 year old looks for Dec 25. Geese in am and doves in pm. Teal in a couple weeks later and. then to the trees

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Quote Originally Posted by quackaholic View Post
    A good way to start your year off. I look forward to Sept 1 as much as any 10 year old looks for Dec 25. Geese in am and doves in pm. Teal in a couple weeks later and. then to the trees
    Shoot a couple extra doves for me since it isn't legal up here in Michigan. Still love the fact we fatten them up and they head South to get shot....all because the anti's did their job up here.
    Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    - Thomas Edison

How bout a limit? Or you could find your way down and hunt with us.

Well I'm back on this site. I got out and scouted today. I found one field holding about 60 geese. I also finally got whole of a landowner of a wheat field next to a bare cattle pasture. lets just say it looked like Argentina!

Thread Information