Thread: Mother Natures Fury

Threaded View

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County

Mother Natures Fury

I was very apprehensive making the 60 mile drive this morning to the cabin. I watched the radar closely yesterday and knew that Carrroll County took a pretty good hit. As I turned into my driveway I was pretty shocked at the scene. My first thought was where do I start to clean up this mess.

I surveyed the area close to the cabin and saw that there was no real damage to the structure, but things were a real mess. I couldn't get across my creek due to high water and it was littered with fallen trees. I could see that I had lost at least ten mature hardwoods, mostly oaks. I hate to see the damage up on my higher ground across the creek.

I had no electricity and my freezer in the refrigerator had partially defrosted. The carpet was pretty wet, but not in a real large area. I keep a small shop vac on hand for times like this. It was useless without power, so my T-shirt sufficed as a sponge of sorts. I sopped up what I could and started some clean-up of the grounds. Limbs were everywhere. I piled up most of the large ones near my fire ring and then raked for an hour or so in the driveway. Got the driveway cleared and called it a day.

I stopped at the electric company to report my outage, as I am the only one on my transformer. The lady told me 7-10 days before I have power again. I'm sure I'll be back down over the weekend to do some more clean-up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1003.jpg   IMG_1004.jpg   IMG_1006.jpg   IMG_1007.jpg   IMG_1008.jpg  

I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

Thread Information