Athletic Greens
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mother Natures Fury

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    I heard today that an F1 tornado was confirmed in Mineral City which is not far to the Northwest of my property. The storms on Wednesday were taveling on a east southeast direction. I'm thinking my damage may have been remnants of this.

Good news is that my SIL is going down with me early tomorrow morning to do some chainsaw work for me. I'll work with most tools, but I don't use gas powered chainsaws. I'll take some more photos tomorrow. I'm hoping my neighbor hasn't already cleaned up a bunch of the downed trees.

My SIL tackled this tree for me a couple years ago. Another beauty of an oak that was destroyed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0724.jpg  
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

watch out for poison Oak, this time of yr it can be a pain in the butt if you get it
    and a seems like wild storms are the norm anymore
    our weather these days as to yrs ago, seem all screwed up to me, seems like we go from winter to summer, then to spring like cool temps and rain or drought in between, like one extreme to the next, no gradual changes like yrs back, or feels that way to me

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbb View Post
    watch out for poison Oak, this time of yr it can be a pain in the butt if you get it
    Yep, that's the easy one for me to miss.
    Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    - Thomas Edison

We got an early start this morning. I'm hoping 6:30AM wasn't to early for the neighbors. We worked until about 1:30. My SIL ran the saw amd I piled brush. The two of us actually accomplished quite a bit, but never even got into the tree trunks. I should have taken some photos before we left to show what we got done. There were four trees down in this spot. One very large tree took out three others as it came down. Some good came of this mess though. I made a temporary barricade with some of the brush to force the deer to cross the creek in front of my creekside stand. I'll burn it all this winter after deer season. Another surprise was I walked in the cabin this morning and had power restored. I was going to take the wife down a spend the night tonight and do some more cleanup tomorrow. But, my SIL invited us to come over tomorrow for a cookout and cake and ice cream for my daughters birthday. After all he did for me today, I couldn't say no.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1010.jpg   IMG_1011.jpg   IMG_1012.jpg   IMG_1013.jpg  

Boy it sure did blow some stuff down! Glad you are using some to possibly benefit one of your stand locations. I don't blame you one bit for taking your Sunday off to spend time with the family. Work stuff can wait.
    Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    - Thomas Edison

IF YOU NEED ANY HELP DICK JUST LET ME KNOW THAT BIG TREE WAS A CLOSE ONE THOUGH SHOOOWEEE
    ******* man's only natural predator is man himself *********** poet's name buckstalker17 !!!! And to think my highschool teacher told me sitting on my tail all day would get me nothing in life .

BOWTECH CARBON KNIGHT 4.4 LBS LOADED
    QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by buckstalker17 View Post
    IF YOU NEED ANY HELP DICK JUST LET ME KNOW THAT BIG TREE WAS A CLOSE ONE THOUGH SHOOOWEEE
    Thanks a lot for the offer. I've got until September to get this cleaned up. My neighbor will cut and remove all the big wood for firewood. The trees by the creek closed off a major funnel in my creek bottom. This funnel is a major travel route for bucks, mostly from the last few days of October through mid November.

Quote Originally Posted by hortontoter View Post
    Thanks a lot for the offer. I've got until September to get this cleaned up. My neighbor will cut and remove all the big wood for firewood. The trees by the creek closed off a major funnel in my creek bottom. This funnel is a major travel route for bucks, mostly from the last few days of October through mid November.
    make sure you get that funnel cleared out if not ole splitter might come south to franklin county
    ******* man's only natural predator is man himself *********** poet's name buckstalker17 !!!! And to think my highschool teacher told me sitting on my tail all day would get me nothing in life .

BOWTECH CARBON KNIGHT 4.4 LBS LOADED
    QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by hortontoter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buckstalker17 View Post
    make sure you get that funnel cleared out if not ole splitter might come south to franklin county
    I agree, even if it's just a path for them to get through!! Perfect time to make that opening right were YOU want them to go too!!
    - Thomas Edison

Thread Information