Thread: Piebald deer 30 yards away...would you shoot?....

Hybrid View

What's seems to be the problem here? Yall got Bambi Syndrome? It's just a lack of pigmentation. Is it breathing? Then let the air out. Too many laws get passed on emotions already. Hide tanned on back of couch. Loins on grill. No syndrome here.

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    Nice photos, Chuck.

Its nice to see that we all agree, haha. I find it interesting that we that we all hunt the same critter, but all have different ideas and goals. A young, tender yearling, that I would never shoot, is fair game to many. Myself and others are after big racks and others like 00buck are looking to fill the freezer.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Funny isn't it?! For us since we have some property we can try to manage there in Ohio it's an easy decision to let a doe walk, also partly because our deer numbers (does) are still low. This year we have yet to get twin fawns on camera yet and with having 3 yotes in one trail camera picture we think we know why. Hard to say but even yotes could have killed her.

It all depends on many things. If I am managing a property and want to see about offspring and genetics, then I keep it off limits to shoot. If I am hunting for meat and it is a shooter...

THWACK. Piebald backstraps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7471.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	10183

Had her many times less than 10 yards. But hunting agreement was to not shoot the white deer. I'm a man of my word...although it was tempting.

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    HOLY S#IT madcc........IS THAT YOU MERVIN?? Great to see you on here again!!

well I agree its funny how many hunters look at deer, so any deer is a target and other target certian deer
    like I said, I leave the off color deer be, due to I like to see how long they can make it, they stand out making it way esier and accurate to keep tabs on them, and I also like to see what offspring they can produce
    my yrs of just to fill the freezer have long passed, I now think I hunt more for the being outdoors, rather than caring if I kill a deer at all
    we all change over time I think
    25 yrs ago, I would never have thought I would have let a legal deer walk, and now, I let more bucks walk a yr, than I seen in the first 5 yrs I hunted, and many are very nice sized too!
    growing older changes the out look and goals of people I think, or maybe its cause I killed a couple hundred deer over the yrs?? LOL
    who know's

Any piebold I see is getting shot, period.

I shoot any doe I can 1 1/2 or older and I stick to my standards on bucks.

Thread Information