OK was just flipping through one of my lastest Outdoor life mags, and it has a article about deer kills on public vs private lands
and it states that 87% of all deer killed in Mich. last yr were killed on private lands
I mean I know lots of folks hunt private lands, but I always thought larger numbers of folks hunted public lands, in Mich, and large deer states like PA, Wv and such
that sem wrong, at 87 %
anyone from Mich, want to chim in on this?

next I seen an article in there as well, that I happen to find crazy
it states that you have higher odds of killing a B&C class buck in states with high deer numbers
simply because it says there are more deer, so there has to be more B&C class deer
well living in a state that formerly had the highest deer numbers in the country for many many yrs and went back and forth with Mich and TX over the yrs
and I know that B&C class deer were extremely rare when we had the highest numbers, now we are lower deer numbers, we are starting to kill more B&c class deer
so I call BS on that theory, more deer means more B&C's Bullcrap
more deer, typically mean more younger deer, not older one's

Texas, is a great B&C state, but that to me is because such a LARGE percentage of it is private, and most folks there seemed to be into QDM yrs ahead of most of the rest of the country
so they some what to me, rule the QDM world on private lands, and well, so many folks out there seem to own huge tracts of land, where they can actually control age's and genetic's of there herds, ( something so few on the east coast can do with only small acreage's) plus so many high fence deals too! super control over a herd in my eyes with that!
and budgets to build great deer lands
and almost Zero public lands I am sure help, I say this, as more folks willing to pay to hunt, from my experience, don't go out and shoot yearlyings, so they practice more QDM due to costs to hunt, helping further the age of more deer