well I think it really comes dopwn to what the shape and land terrian is
I have almost 200 acre's, BUT the whole center of the property is , almost dead center is a 65 acre field, so there is no way I can lave the center alone to keep deer on it, as come hunting season, 99% of the time its been harvested and is a wide open zero cover area>
I have a border of about a 100- to about 300 yrd all about the field some spots being more some being a lot less!, which has been severly over browsed to the point, there is almost little cover
MY main deal maker/breaker is a few area's of thicker hemlock tree's deer travel to get to my food plots
so for me, I can pertty well hunt all ends of the property, as there all accessed from the middle to them, thus I seldom ever spook any deer on the way to a stand
my biggest issue is getting out of stands at evenings ends to hunts, as I hunt food plots here mostly, and by sun set I typically have LOTS of deer in them and in front of me
so I tend to hunt stands I know I have some what of a chance to sneek out of, or rotate stands alot if I get busted! to give a stand site some down time, and that is why I have so many stands up
I have 4+ miles of border on the property, so lots of places to set up if I like, and sadly why I have so many folks hunting my borders! and so hard to catch them/be in the right spot to see them!
so property shape and what how its made ,
I think, is what rules how you should be hunting it, and not a golden rule can be for all!