My property is 35 acres and basically a rectangle with the east and west sides being the long sides. My house sits on the southeast side or short end of the rectangle, so my access is always from the south to north direction. It is basically a 10 acre overgrown field in the middle (more toward the northern part of the property) surrounded by 15 acres of woods on the south side, a 50 yard strip of woods on the west and north sides, and a 100 yard strip of woods on the east side. The overgrown field used to be a mowed field but over the last ten years I've let it grow up with patches of locust trees, rasberry and blackberry vines, and honeysuckle and I just mow paths around the perimeter. The property is bordered by large pines on the west and north sides, woods on the south side, and nasty clear cut on the east side. Since I let the field grow up my mature buck sightings have increased. Mature bucks love the field because the weeds, etc are as high as their back and the clumps of locust trees scattered throughout provide more security cover. The problem is mature bucks bed everywhere in the overgrown field and accessing the west, north, and east sides is always impossible without pushing them off the property. So I either continue hunting all sides of the property, spooking deer just about always, and occasionally getting an opportunity at a mature buck or I do what Steve Bartylla said and just hunt the south side which is less than half of the property. That may be the best strategy because I can then hunt without alerting deer to my presence and hope that eventually a mature buck wonders to the south side to eat corn, acorns, or when pursuing a hot doe. It'll just be tough to do because like I said I won't be hunting over half my property. Accessing the west, north, and east side can only be accomplished by walking in the narrow strips which are thick too because the neighboring properties are no trespassing. I think I'll try the new strategy though, I need to change some things up. Any thoughts?