Minerals are the go-to for this time of year as bucks will need them for antler growth and does can use them for milk production. The problem with a mineral block is that it is very hard for them to consume until it dissolves. Also they aren't quite as attractive to them compared to other products, some with higher salt content and some with other additives to make them more desirable. Perhaps adding a bag of mineral salt or even stock salt will help if you are looking for an inexpensive addition to the block. Other products that are made just for this are Trophy Rock or even Monster RAXX, which is what I prefer.

Another thing to think about is the location of your product, no matter what you use. It should be somewhat secluded, near but not next to water, on or very close to a good travel route and for me it should be against some sort of stump or log. I rely on the old decomposing wood to absorb the mineral and give them a place to come back to. It also holds moisture longer and that allows the mineral to stay soft in the soil around it longer so they can consume it. Under your minerals it is also best to loosen the soil and if using a granular mineral, mix it in with the soil. This also allows a hole to form as the deer consume which also helps hold moisture.