Thread: Feeder Help

Hybrid View

Feeder Help

What you guys using to keep the coons from climbing you feeder poles? Tried wiring carpet tack strips to mine to no avail. Guess it's a trip to Bass Pro for the $25 strips they have. Put out Record Rack Deer and Elk feed and not one picture of a deer but the coons love it.

well I don't mind the coons and other critters eating the corn I use
    But myabe you might look into some of them cheap electric fence set ups, that work off solar power and a few batteries, like they use in and about tents to keep bears out
    I would think they would work great for keeping unwanted coons in a feeder out??
    Tractor Suppy also sells sheap set up too??
    Plus don't forget , that this time of yr, with so much food coming out, that deer will hit a feeder a lot less, craving fresh foods over store bought made stuff, or , that's my opinion and results at my place!

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    I'm thinking of converting my tripod feeder to a hanging feeder. I think hanging it off a limb with a thin cable would do away with a lot of the coons and squirrels. Coons and squirrels defeat the purpose of a timed feeder. They just jump aboard and turn the spinner at will.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    If you are certain that's how they are getting onto the feeder then I'd say the upgrade strips at BPS is the way to go. I don't own one yet so I can't help you much.

well all I can say is them tree rats are very very hard to keep out, they have all dam day to think of ways to get into feeders
    I gave up trying to keep them out, seen them chew through wire, I hung feeders on too!, there pests
    and the worse part is, they bury half of what they take and NO critter gets it, as it goes bad most of the time
    little buggers I call them
    My back yard this yr I have corn growing all over from them burying it all spring
    But coons and bigger critters, I still say electric fence, small wires will do wonders, they learn pretty fast about that stuff!
    know many folks that use it to keep them out of corn cribs and chicken coops, and all had problems before, and none after

What about the round cones that keep squirrels from climbing bird feeders? You could make some out of thin aluminum.

Thread Information