Thread: Help/advice????

Hybrid View

well went and looked at lease as well as one other person not bad property but very thick and didnt feel comfortable paying the 2000 dollars with no idea as to what was there other than tracks and stands so we passed i guess the other guys got there 5 mins before us and told them they would pay the full 2000 for it with out looking at it first so what do you think the landowner did

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    One thing's for sure, the demand is still out there and if someone is willing to pay that much then the price was likely in the ball park then. Thick is always good to hold deer and good deer at that though.

well I agree, thick woods are great, hard to hunt some times, but typically hold deer, all the more so when crops are close by
    as for price, well if the others thought 2 k was good, well good for them, it could be a deal it could not be. only time will tell hunting it!
    and I am still a firm believer that there are tons of great public lands in Ohio and many many other states
    I think way too many people get caught up into the needing private lands to hunt well, sure there nice to have, but even on private lands trespassers and presure plays a huge role in hunting, unless you own a TON of acres and have complete control over it all.
    there is always a chance something better can show up, so keep looking if you want a lease, but these days, they don't seem to last long, all the more so if there prime lands, they go faster even at some crazy numbers too!
    Good luck

Thread Information