Well I am no expert on lease's, But logically I would want something in writing, and maybe even insurance, to protect both parties, many lease's require ins. To be honest
I would make sure that there would be an option for a lease next yr, and or a longer term lease too if it works out, as if you do any food plots or other investments, be nice to know there not for someone else's benefits!, as most food plots take a few yrs to make the most of there benefits!
get a good honest map of the land, and know the borders, hell even post them if you can, as if others have been , JUST hunting it without this owner knowing it, as happens many times, putting signs up can help prevent them folks from walking in on your sets mid season.
But to be honest, when you first get a lease, many times it takes a few yrs to get locals to stay out, if they been hunting it for yrs, and even then they still do!
which is why having a contract is important, as that way, it can allow you to have them removed/arrested for trespassing, pending Ohio laws!
I would also talk and get to know the local game warden, let them know you, and who knows, might be a BIG help if trespassers becomes a issue, since you already found sign of hunters on it!

last 2k for 40 plus acers of huntable lands, can be high or low pending quality of land and bucks on it, but , don't forget, pending how many guys in your group, it can be pressured pretty fast
good luck