well again, price com,es down to many things, first being what you are willing to pay being number one!
I would look at what other lease's are going for in your area, and then base it some what on that
but price again is really what you feel , your willing to pay, as its your money!
cehck out
Basecampleasing.com, and look at lease's in the same county, he has a map by county on the site
it will give you an idea of what lease's are getting per acre in the area
from there its what ever you feel its worth
and again, if you go low ball, and then you kill BIG bucks, he can very easily want a LOT more next yr, and use your results as reason why he is asking more, giving him trail cam pic's will only help him sell the lease next yr too
so keep that in mind
and again the fact it is so close, to me would be worth paying a little above average per acre, svaing me time and money and allowing me hunts per season
BUT only if the land is worth hunting! quality of land is HUGE these days
and also why so many folks do QDM improvements on there lands
a SO SO land, can be made a lot better, BUT only if 2 things
one its large enough to hold and age deer, and or, if neighbor are willing to be on a like wise playing field on QDM goals
as like I said, if you pass on 120's looking for 140+ deer, and NON or most of the neighbors don't
its very very hard to get deer the size you want
sure some will make it , but not nearly as many as if more folks about the lands have same plans/goals
I know I live and hunt on lands like this, I pass on deer hoping they make it to older ages, and all my neighbors shoot 75+ % of my bucks every yr I am passing on!
SUCKS
but thats how many hunters have it
but when l;easing and your spending $$$ , you have to take that into account I think
you can stop in and talk to neighbors too you know, and see what they kill or don'ty?
never hurts to ask questions before spending!