Thread: Treestands

Hybrid View

Treestands

Alright guys so I'm in the market for a new treestand, mine is 12 years old, had it since I've been 12. But the 26lb hunk of steel, with a hand made sit and climb feature designed by yours truly, has gotta go lol

So I'm looking into either a summit or a lone wolf, does anyone have either or both and what are your reviews on them as well as which tree stand you like best from each company. I'm looking at:

summit viper classic
    summit Viper elite SD
    lone wolf hand climber combo II
    lone wolf sit and climb combo II

When late october and early november kicks in I'll be sitting sun up to sun down and also I hike a decent ways into the woods also, hence why I wanna get rid of the 26 lb stand lol

well i have used the Summit Viper, and I own a lone wolf, like there second generation, think they are now on about the 4th generation of Lone Wolf
    I like the stand, BUT here is my dis likes
    One the original seat sucked, I replaced it with a Summit seat, and now very happy, all day sits no problem

next, I think the color wasn't the best either so, I painted in some browns and balck to help it blend in better, more like a camo paint job
    next, the sit climb bar, being almost black gloss in color
    well I added some rubber pipe foam to both make it padded and then camo's it with some non glare camo tape I did that to a lot of the parts on it, to make it quietier, and again blend in better

I didn't care for the bow holder either, su just don't use it and use a screw in bow hook
    and my last complaint of it is the seat climber, I wish it was wider, as in Late season all bundled up, it can get tight in there
    BUT now I know they have a wider version

last draw back I think would be the price, they are NOT cheap
    but over all a rock solid stand, and packes well( I did add padded straps too, factory one's sucked on long hauls

The Summit Viper I used was a early 2000's model, open front
    was nice and all, but didn't thinkit was up to the same as the lone wolf and it too I found smaller
    Got my Lone wolf in about 2004 and still have it, need to get new cable's as they claim they should be replaced every 5 yrs, and mine is now way past that!

have you looked at the NON typical??
    they have some cool features, like being able to level more once up in the tree, and they seem pretty high quality too!

good luck

I just switched from a loggy bayou one piece climber to a summit viper this last year. I cant believe i ever liked that bayou after using the sit and climb summit. It is super comfortable and i lay my bow right on the bar so its always ready for action.
    ive hunted my whole life, the rest I just wasted

Nothing like those Summit Vipers, Quiet climb and no problem with an all day sit, the sling style seat is very comfortable but I made a slight modification on mine to get the seat to sit up flush with the side rails I didn't like being down in between them, much more comfortable now, you wont be disappointed with a Summit.

Summit makes a few good stands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information