Athletic Greens

Thread: Trail Camera Problems

Trail Camera Problems

Looking to see if any one else has ever had issues with a Moultrie M-80 Trail Cam, mine just started acting up, I can set all the other function's on the camera except the time and date, when I power the camera off after making changes the camera will not hold the date and time, it automatically goes to 1/1/70, any input would help.

northeast PA
    try taking camera and putting it in a BIG zip lock baggie, with a box of DRY WHITE rice, and close the bag up and leave it in there for about a week

AFTER that try again
    IF NO GOOD still, try taking cover of the back, and using a Q tip, and some rubbing alcohol, wipe down all solder connections with it , and even MAYBE try spraying it with some GOOD plastic SAFE CRC electrical contact cleaner

after that, try different brand of batteries and a different brand of SD card

IF this is a NEW camera, send back to Moultrie, BEFORE DOING THE ABOVE
    but I am guessing its long past this point!!
    I have had many brands of camera act up and the above has fixed MOST of them

dampness and moisture has a way of screwing with them??
    the rice helps remove that

IF you get NO where and want to TRY ONE last ditch effort
    I have heard of a few folks that did this??

pre heat an over to about 300 degree's
    get a cookie sheet, place a few layers of aluminum foil on it, place camera on it(battery/sd card OUT), place another two or three layers of Aluminum foil on TOP
    stick in oven for 6-7 minutes

this suppose to re set all the connections on the solder without, WITHOUT melting the plastic, you will SMELL plastic, but its NOT supposed to kill camera
    and I have Never done this, just known a few folks that have!! and CLAIM IT WORKS!
    so, at your OWN risk here on this one LOL

but a broken camera is just as bad as a melted one I guess LOL

Hey mrbb thanks for the info, not sure i will try the oven method but will give the other a try,LOL, cant say i ever baked a camera before. thanks again.

Thread Information