Thread: Columbus Ohio

Hybrid View

I'm very very very slightly hesitant about moving just cuz I've made friends here in DC and I like my job here but something just doesn't feel right. If it was the same job and same friends outside of DC I'd probably love it but it's not. Growing up I always hunted public land in PA and it was tough hunting, my biggest buck out of the 4 I've shot barely crosses the 100" mark. I've always dreamed of living in whitetail country and possibly obtaining private property and I feel I can accomplish this in columbus. I dunno if it's crazy of me to chase this dream or not but i figured I'm young and single, so I think I'm gonna take the leap.

well I say go for it, as you said it, your only young once, and might as well try, or you might regret it.
    DC is a tuff place to work and live
    if you can make it thereI think you will be fine else where, just make sure you have a job lined up, as jobs, and GOOD jobs are not easy to come by
    leaving a good job is a hard step to get over, so be careful on that part

Columbus is a decent city. Good restaurants, plenty to do, and crime is not too bad. Much less of the cramped urban feel compared to DC, and as has been said above, you can be out in good hunting country in about a half hours drive if you avoid rush hour. Also with the new urban deer hunting zones, I have heard that there is some pretty good hunting to be had within the city. Good luck with your decision.

Thread Information