Thread: 2013 Spring Public Land Gobbler

Hybrid View

No I have never tried Dorset WA, I mostly only hunt La due and private land in carroll county. La Due had a decent amount of turkey on its land just about finding where they are and where the Hunters usaully go hunting. Yes so far this year there has been a good amount of hunters out there about maybe every other parking spot. But I hunted ever morning last week besides wensday. I never heard more then 2 different people shoot in the morning. I always leave a little earlier in the morning and I will drive around the patch of woods that I am hunting and see if there is anyone else parked and hunting near me, I never turkey hunt where there is someone else hunting especially public land. I have about 6 spots on La Due Public Land For Turkey and they all have good potential and most are not over 500 yards from a road.
    Mathews Z7
    @70/29"
    Exttreme Ranger site
    QAD Ultra Rest
    CArbon Exacta/Rage 2 Blade @ 432grs.

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Great job on nailing a public land bird like that!! Congrats and thanks for sharing it with us!!

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    Thanks for the info Z7. I do my turkey hunting in Stark and Carroll County. So far this season has been uneventful. The birds seemed to have disappeared from my favorite spot. How I could see from 150-200 birds three weeks ago to seeing three birds in four mornings has me baffled. I've yet to hear a gobble this spring.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

Thread Information