Thread: 2013 Spring Public Land Gobbler

Hybrid View

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    Congrats on the gobbler. Ever try Dorset WA. Lots of birds there if you can find some dry land. Very wet there most springs. Was LaDue pretty crowded with turkey hunters? Thats a big chunk of land so one should be able to get away from the crowd.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

No I have never tried Dorset WA, I mostly only hunt La due and private land in carroll county. La Due had a decent amount of turkey on its land just about finding where they are and where the Hunters usaully go hunting. Yes so far this year there has been a good amount of hunters out there about maybe every other parking spot. But I hunted ever morning last week besides wensday. I never heard more then 2 different people shoot in the morning. I always leave a little earlier in the morning and I will drive around the patch of woods that I am hunting and see if there is anyone else parked and hunting near me, I never turkey hunt where there is someone else hunting especially public land. I have about 6 spots on La Due Public Land For Turkey and they all have good potential and most are not over 500 yards from a road.
    Mathews Z7
    @70/29"
    Exttreme Ranger site
    QAD Ultra Rest
    CArbon Exacta/Rage 2 Blade @ 432grs.

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Great job on nailing a public land bird like that!! Congrats and thanks for sharing it with us!!

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    Thanks for the info Z7. I do my turkey hunting in Stark and Carroll County. So far this season has been uneventful. The birds seemed to have disappeared from my favorite spot. How I could see from 150-200 birds three weeks ago to seeing three birds in four mornings has me baffled. I've yet to hear a gobble this spring.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

Thread Information