Thread: 2013 Spring Turkey Hunting Daily Reports

Hybrid View

Dick,Great right up on the 2013 turkey hunt. Sorry nothing panned out, maybe next year.
    Don't ever let the truth get in the way, of a good story

Hit it fairly hard the last week of the season, climbed a high ridge Saturday morning and heard one single hen yelp two times, this being the same place on opening morning where I heard a dozen toms in two different groups. Sunday morning heard two toms gobble good on roost, good when they hit the ground, but by the time we got close to them they lingered just cross the property line and someone shot one or both of them. That was it, the end of what I would say was a below average turkey season. One gobbler for me, none for my brother (a real rarity), and none for my buddy in his first turkey season, but he had fun and said he'd definitely be hunting next year! Is it bow season yet?!!!!

well I didn't get out even once the whole season here, bad weather and lack of motivation on my part
    BUT today while doing things in the yard, all day long and I mean all day, I had 3 or 4 different gobblers gobbling there haeds off in all directions of me, was just plain crazy! must have heard about 1,000 gobbles today from 7 am till just about dark!
    I guess I am not that big a turkey hunter, but wow, what a day here for gobbles!

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Hate to hear of the slow season for your group Blackbeard! My dad couldn't even get a gobbler to answer, yet show up. Up here in Michigan our late season just closed the last day of May and my buddy Ed was chasing them as long as he could. Had a couple encounters with some long beards but couldn't get them in the open for a shot with the bow.

Thread Information