Thread: HHA 2" or 1 5/8" sight housings?

HHA 2" or 1 5/8" sight housings?

Hey guys, I'm looking at getting an hha single pin sight and cant decide on the 2" for more money or the 1 5/8"

anyone know the pros and cons to either? Shelling out a couple hundred bucks for a sight is pretty scary

Thanks!

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    With those single pin set-ups, I am probably wrong but, I thought a lot of guys try to match the size of the housing to just under the size of the hole in their peep, that way it helps them center everything for the best and most consistent shot. Of course you wouldn't really be able to do that until you had it mounted on the bow and look through your peep now would you LOL. As far as just aesthetics go, a bigger housing means a larger field of view when sighting down range.

it would be a guess, but I agree with bigholla on , you want to match up your peep to the sight if you can, draw lenght I think makes a difference on needs then, and size of your peep
    many cases I think bigger is better, but then again, more likely to get bumped as well/
    I would honestly think that any good bow shop with let you try both first and then see what one you like best!
    that would be my suggestions, besides looking for feedback here from fellow guys with them, nothing like seeing for yourself on your bow is my 2 cents?

I shot a HHA for a couple years, they are a great sight, I had a 1 5/8" single pin with the crosshairs, I also used a 1/4" peep. When I looked through my peep there was a little space between the sight scope and my peep but not too much to ever worry about. You could always go with the 2" model and just try different peep sights till you find one that fits tight. The Blade armor on the sight pins are nice too its really hard to bend the sight pin. I ran over my bow with my jeep, and the sight was bent bad but the sight scope itself is still perfectly fine, HHA sights in my opinion are tough and they have a lot of variety you can get 2'/3'/5' of fiber optic in a single pin sight.
    Mathews Z7
    @70/29"
    Exttreme Ranger site
    QAD Ultra Rest
    CArbon Exacta/Rage 2 Blade @ 432grs.

I went ahead and ordered a DS-XL-5519. It has the 2" sight window and 5' fiber optic. Kinda pricey but Im going for the gusto!

Really excited about my new bow and setup for next year.....and its only April! Lol!

Hudson, Ohio I hunt mostly in Jefferson County
    I always match the size of my site to my peep. Less margin for error when you have a deer walk in and your brain shuts off.

Thread Information