Thread: Fun With A New Gun

Hybrid View

heavy BBl's are nice again for bench work, the added weight does help in field shooting , but there real gain is staying cool longer for more shots fired, before effecting acuracy
    I know this might sound funny, but I know a few gusy that have heavy bbl 17's and then cut the bbl's down to just 18 inches to save a little weight and still get the down pressure of the heavy bbl
    then again I know guys that cut down standard BBL's too to get the guns smaller
    they really didn't loose much FPS on a chrono either
    they did more for the kids to handle better and get lighter too, and then most end up using the smaller guns more themselves, due to just easier to carry LOL
    my go to hunting rifle now is the lightest one I own
    so guess you get older and smarter maybe, and don't need them big and heavy things like you did as a younger dumber man LOl

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    Nice lookin hadgun. Which parts have you added?
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

changed out factory grip safety and thumb safety, new grips, slide stop, over sized firing pin stop, newTI firing pin, and spring, magazine speed well/main spring hoising, and a new fitted barrel bushing
    next is sights and a trigger job, but sights are so far on back order who knows when I will get em, company says MAYBE 3+ months!
    used mostly Ed brown and EGW parts
    and then I got a bunch of new mags with extenders to work in the new well better
    I love these 10 mm's, this is now my third one I own, another colt and a glock

Thread Information