Thread: Red Dot Scope Usage For A .22 Rifle

Hybrid View

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    My plan is to try different brands of ammo. But, finding .22 LR is near impossible here. My plan is to use CCI Mini Mags, Velocitors or Spitfires. Which ever of these three shoot best is what I will use. If no significant differences in groups I'll go with Velocitors to use the higher velocity 40 grain bullet.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

well 22 ammo is dry here, even cheap crap loads are now 8 bucks a box of 50 too, and thats just crazy I think, when just last yr or so a 500 rounds was just 15 bucks of same ammo!
    CCI stingers are great fast rounds too, creame of the crop they say for speed, and they always shot accurate in my guns
    but these days with such high demands, I would honestly wonder how consistant ammo being made is, as I have to beleiev they are pushing the limits of making it, and maybe skipping a few of the checks to make more while people are willing to pay such high dollars for it!
    as every gun that ever got great reviews/demand, one that demand took prioriety, qualiety dropped big time
    so maybe kep that in mind too when your shooting these days
    there is always a price to pay for demand, seems MFG's are way too greedy to the mighty dolar than to there reputaion any more
    all seem to rather say sorry and do better later on than keep a good thing good!

Thread Information