Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: SUGGESTION BOX ~ Opinions Wanted!!!!!!!!!!!

well being an outsider, meaning a NON ohio resident
    I honestly think that the major amount of folks on this site do NOT hunt other states other than Ohio
    and that could be why we have less folks here
    or maybe its just , and again just my 2 cents
    it doesn't really seem like anyone on this site talks about hunting any place else but ohio, minus the few members that run out west for elk
    I know over the yrs I have shared many of my out of state hunts, even offered a lot of great onfo on some super hunts for the cheap that could be had
    and I never got much feedback, not expecting anyone to go just cause I went or recommend a place
    but just didn't seem like anyone really cared about hunting any place BUT ohio for the most part
    and again as a NON resident, it does seem like many folks don't like NON residents at times here
    I think most have an open mind, and I sure get it, NO one likes a person looking to get free info that doesn't live here
    but at the same time, over the yrs I have seen many new folks that just joined in that live in Ohio, get a LOT more offers for help finding a place to hunt in ohio, than a non resident asking for same info?
    a new member is a new member and what state they live in shouldn't matter to me
    but it does in all honestly seem to here more than other sites I been on!
    I grew up in a state and an area where NON res hunters were frowned on, so I get that many have that , lets say breed into them due to yrs of that thinking
    but my stance has always been , hunters need to stick together, or hunting some day will fall

as for a suggestion
    and I have no idea on or if its possible
    maybe an outfitter here or just someone with some good lands, can maybe offer a free hunt in a contest, as a way to generate some more action here?
    I don't have land in Ohio, or I know I would be willing to take a guy if it helped get some action on the site!
    I know this can be a dirty question maybe, but hey
    never know who you will meet and what friendship could happen
    and would a couple days of letting a person hunt be that Huge a deal?
    sure it could suck if they killed your target buck, but maybe you could add a deal that this"X" buck is off limits
    just an idea!

I have some time on my hands and will look into what kind of gear is needed to run a 24hr live cam and will let you guys know if it will be possible for me in near future

00buck
    thanks, that would be cool if you could
    sure many here would enjoy
    maybe could even try to get some memebrs help on costs too
    never know who would give what??
    maybe a small fund to keep corn or bait going??

and i agree with mrbb that certain parts of the site should be member only or all of it
    and would like to maybe see trail cam pics broken down into states and maybe even zones like they do in the seasons bag limits

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    00buck if this is something you are serious about and decide to do let me know. Would be something to pass along to the owners to see if its something we could support.

So I don't know if any of you have noticed, some changes have already been made here as a result of this thread and your participation. The Manufacturer Announcements have been stopped, some re-organizing has begun on the forum page and the Home page is now the forum page itself.

Thank you to all of you that are helping make this THE place for bowhunting IN Ohio!!

i have noticed and the changes are great what re-organizing is going on

So the youth sports post was a waste of time. Thought for sure that would catch as they are often big on other sites.

Not sure how it can be set up but does anyone have ideas of how we could do member hunt journals? Do you think it needs it's own section or people can just start their own threads under the topic for the season?

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    I'd suggest a main Hunt Journals heading and each individual start his/her own thread. One could even post about other hunts such as other big game or small game. Maybe start a new thread in the spring of each year. Or even run the thread per calendar year.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

sorry never got back to you on the 24 hr live feed the landowner had told me no on this but i think it would be good idea BRINGING BACK THE OLD THREAD MAYBE MORE PEOPLE WILL HAVE IDEAS THIS TIME AROUND

Thread Information