Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What should I be doing right now???

Scout.....scout....and scout some more. And if you get bored with that: scout more. Or you can always get permission to hunt more places, shoot your bow, replace straps and bolts on your treestands, and shed hunt. I much prefer scouting in the winter/early spring though compared to late spring and summer when the ticks, mosquitoes, and chiggers come out. And it's easier to get a feel for the woods and see things before the leaves get on the trees. But you also gotta take what you see with a grain of salt because some of the sign you see now is winter sign and come fall the deer are gonna have different patterns.

I'm with these guys ...shed hunt, scout, scout, and also a great time to pull your stands and check cables, bolts, straps, and repaint if needed.
    "There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period." -Ted Nugent

I just want to say thanks to everyone that has left a comment on the thread. I will put your advice to use. Thanks again.

Thread Information