Thread: Clarifier/verifier ?

Clarifier/verifier ?

I have been experiencing my eyes becoming blurrier when looking threw my peep. This has been going on for a few years now. I went to a single pin so I only had one to pick-up with no confusion. It helped, but I could not pick a spot on my target to focuss on. (Aim small miss small). I really noticed it in league. I could not see the X. On a deer I would just shot above/back of the forleg centered on the animal. I would of liked to of pick-ed a spot instead.
    To make a long story short my pro shop (Brians Archery) fitted by bow with a bigger peep and a clarifier. It does not magnify it just clear things up at a distance, not a the pin. That would be a verifier. So far at 20 yrs in the shop and 16 yrs in my basement thing are looking good. I have not used it outside on a target yet. The verifier did nothing but make things blurrier. Does anyone else use one or can add to this subject?
    what goes around, comes around. (I sure do hope so)!!

well what ever works for you thats great
    but to me sounds like an eye test should be done
    I know my eye's are NO way what they were
    I also know some shooters that buy that so called vitamin you see in magazines that claims it helps fix/tighten up vision issue's
    and they all say it helps
    so??
    like I said if it works for you great
    best of luck!
    sucks getting older LOL

[QUOTE=mrbb;151135]well what ever works for you thats great
    but to me sounds like an eye test should be done
    I know my eye's are NO way what they were
    I also know some shooters that buy that so called vitamin you see in magazines that claims it helps fix/tighten up vision issue's
    and they all say it helps

I have reading glasses, but they don't help at all when I'm shooting. I see ok when I'm looking with both eyes open. When I close one eye to see threw the peep, thats when things go blurry. I do not shoot with my dominate eye. The reason for that is when I bought my first bow, I just went to a sporting store and because I was left handed, I thought that I would shoot left handed. So I bought a left handed bow. Didn't know my right eye was my dominate eye. I could change but I would have to start shooting right handed. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks but this old dog doesn't want to go threw that. So for all the new shooters out there just starting, make sure you know which eye is dominate before you buy that bow.
    what goes around, comes around. (I sure do hope so)!!

I had the same problem with my surelock supreme sights I kept moving the sight out until it cleared out the put a 4 power sworavski lens and a super ball peep and now inside 40 yards u can pick your spot no problem don't know if that will help you or not. I would move your sight on the farthest holes and see how much that helps kinna like when you have a hard time reading small print up close then u hold it out a few inches out and it clears up. Hope all works out for ya.
    ******* man's only natural predator is man himself *********** poet's name buckstalker17 !!!! And to think my highschool teacher told me sitting on my tail all day would get me nothing in life .

BOWTECH CARBON KNIGHT 4.4 LBS LOADED
    QAD REST
    ARMORTECH SIGHTS

well I know a lot of folks that learned like you, not using the dominante eye
    many I know used a patch to get over things too

I still an eye problem can be the root as some times an eye can focas up close but now farther away, and when using a peep and then sights it can create a blur?
    have you maybe thought about trying a NON peep set up
    like the sights with the torque eye, hind sights or like/s
    not fun to have to buy more things, but maybe a bow shop would let you try and then see if there is a difference , without a peep then?
    just an idea?

Thread Information