Hey playthewindmike, check my coyote hunting tips and tricks thread on the predator hunting category. That should get you started. Not sure where you're at, but I would help you out if you'd like.

I've had deer bed down in front of me and have watched coyotes circle and close in on them so many times it's not even funny. Almost every morning when the turkeys flew down from their roost this fall and winter I would have no less than 3 yotes closing in on them. They are stone cold predators.

Do you see a bunch of racoons, groundhogs, opossums, or rabbits on this property? As many as you think you should? I used to see a ton of those critters on the property I hunt until I noticed increases in yote numbers. I then started noticing more deer remains.

A lot of people/hunters think that coyote numbers aren't that bad, and maybe in their areas they are not. Each area, even if it's 50 acres, has it's own wildlife distribution and sustainability. Also, the old-school thought is that coyotes are needed for the circle of life, and I agree that they are. However, when the easy, little critters start disappearing and there are increasing numbers of coyotes (since humans and other coyotes are their only predator risk) those coyotes still need to eat, and they will pack together and kill deer. That's just a fact.

I've attached a pic of a yote my uncle shot yesterday morning. He had 5 come in to the call but could only get one shot off. Tell me that 5 of these apex predators, who have superior senses, even better than deer, can't do serious damage on any critter you've seen in the woods.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362088317.609028.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	10083