Thread: Went shed hunting yesterday...Found 5 dead deer

Hybrid View

2-3 weeks could easily yield that many deer from coyote kills if it is a larger pack.

well I too don't think coyote's will group up enough tp bring down 5 deer that close to each other, and keep them there and kill all of them
    thats a pretty big task
    and if you had that many coyote in your area you would be finding a ton of dead der all over, and fwe live one's on your lands
    NOT saying its impossible, just to me not likely
    that being said
    IF I had to guess , I would almost say maybe someone poisoned them, lots of folks hate deer, and its not terrible uncommon to have a person feed them something bad
    and that can even happen to folksd meaning good
    corn can go bad, and actually kill a deer if they eat enough of moldy corn off a bait pile
    and well, in winter deer do yard up(also a reason making a coyote kill being lower odds, they tard up for protection!)
    so to me , I say thats a higher odds deal, they all ate together, maybe a family group, and all ate the bad food, and thus??
    NOW EHD or something else is possible too, but normally again you find a lot more dead deer in the area
    IF your good with your state game dept, you can call them and ask them, they might be able to test the remains?
    or might even know of a neighbor that has a MAjor issue with deer/crop damage, and a dis ike of deer
    odds are these folks have complained to the state many times before acting out!
    that's my guess/suggestions
    and sorry,
    it sucks I am sure

Thread Information