Thread: Mineral Lick

Mineral Lick

When does everyone start putting out or freshing up existing mineral licks? I going to try to get out this weekend and freshin an existing one up and start a new one....Just looking for some other thoughts.

Tim

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    I have always tried to get them freshened up in February and was able to this year. Planning on adding to it every time we get down to the farm. My thought is to have them there just before or when they would need them most and as soon as they drop antlers they can use them. Does will benefit any time you put them down.

I would honestly think having them out all yr is the best way to go
    IF LEGAL
    an animal may crave them at any time, but would think that in winter and spring might be important, as so many foods are missing to get minerals
    and then again after having a fawn, or starting to grow antlers again
    but the down time in between them things to me is when there needed most
    as like most things they take time to actually work, so having them now before antlers start get going and while a fawn is in development seems the most logical time, plus again, missing so many foods that they could be getting minerals naturally by just eating?
    so I say all yr is best if you can!

Yea what Holla and mrbb said. I also have noticed positive things in.......throw an acorn block or two close by as well. I have noticed in some of my friends areas they keep a mineral block year round and the acorn, late summer and towards hunting season they are tearing the acorn up
    If there were 8 days in a week I would hunt 8 days

Thread Information