Thread: Think before speaking....a good hunting story

Hybrid View

well some times there more to hunting and memories than taking home a buck
    good for you, and sure thats something all will remember a long time

great story thank you for sharing

GREAT STORY PTWM......been sitting here wondering what i would have done since my biggest is a124, 9 pt, i hope i would have done the same, great story

Wow, great story. That was a heck of a thing to do.

A similar story, not nearly as good as yours, but kinda the same thing. A few years ago I was hunting a particular gobbler, hunted him hard all season, saw him several times but he always outsmarted me. Everyday I hunted this bird. Well the final day of the season arrived, and I just barely talked myself out of sleeping in. I got to my spot and there's a truck parked where I usually park. This is private land land I'm hunting and no one else has permission so I decided they must be broke down and not hunters. I walked to my spot and right before getting there I saw two decoys in the field. They were hunting my spot after all! A guy about my age and a little boy about 7-8 years old got up and walked over to me. He asked me if I was the one driving the green truck who has been hunting here all season and I said yes. He said ok then we're leaving, sorry for bothering you. [The gobbler is gobbling his head off as the discussion happened.] I said no, you got that little boy with you, you two stay and kill that bird. He wouldn't stay and said "no this is your spot we'll leave. So I walked a little farther, sat down in the spot I'd been hunting all season, and called the old gobbler in and killed him! A last day gobbler. So I could have raised hell with this guy and his boy, maybe ruined it for both of us, but I tried to be nice and not a jerk in front of this boy and it paid off. They left, I stayed, and the gobbler was mine!

absolutely great story
    follow my weekly blog at www.trophypursuit.com/corey

You made the right choice. I'd like to have a few back through the years. Not so many engaging the mouth before putting the brain in gear episodes since I've gotten older.
    I have strong opinions about God, Guns, Guitars and Harley Davidsons, I can remain open minded about everything else.
    Member of Pope & Young, and Buckeye Big Buck Club.
    Member of the Bloody Blazers, 2011-2012 team challenge winners.

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Play The Wind Mike that has got to be THE best and most heartfelt story I have read! You are a great man that single handedly put a life long event in 3 people's hearts and minds, complete strangers. You will be rewarded forever by re-living that story!

Thread Information