Thread: In Need Of A Good Venison Jerky Marinade Reipe

Hybrid View

In Need Of A Good Venison Jerky Marinade Reipe

Title Say's it all Gentleman and Ladies so what ya got good for me ?

Thank you ......Freak

Dude when I make jerky I have to fight to eat it as it comes out of the oven....friends and neighbors come from afar to get it lol. Here is how what I do.
    I ground most every bit of my deer but the straps....steak time for those with some chopped peppers and hillbilly seasoning mmmmmm. Ok back to the jerky....with all ground deer I go to Gander Mountain or any outfitter and pick whatever jerky pack I want then I mix about 15 pounds at a time. After you put the store bought curing salt and seasoning in I always add a lil liquid smoke and some everyday spices from my cabinet.....fresh ground pepper, hint of garlic salt and never forget the hillbilly seasoning. One thing that I added this year is a spice called "Kickin Chicken" man that stuff kicked in all the flavors better and gave it a good kick start. Mix in all the meet together, set in fridge for a couple hours or a day whatever, 2 hours minimum. When ready to cook it I use the jerky gun and just shoot it on some cookie sheets and 2 hours approx 200 bake its ready to go. Using the ground meet is the way to go. So easy to eat and easy on the teeth as well. I go as far as getting some skins and just shoot that meat through the skin and make slim jims as well. It is good stuff. If you want what I call logs for cutting and cheese and crackers with a lil horse radish just form it into 2 or 3 inch wide and tall and 8 inch or so long and there you go.
    If there were 8 days in a week I would hunt 8 days

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Good stuff there Mike!

thank's mike iam gonna give er a try

Thread Information