Thread: What to do with deer carcasses

What to do with deer carcasses

I hope I spelled that right.

I was on my way to work this morning and saw a truck stopped on the side of the road with a couple of guys. I stopped and asked them if they needed any help and they said they were fine. Well as I drove off on the other side of their truck they had dropped off 3 deer carcasses. Head and all bones. I thought that this is not a good thing to do....leave them right by the road for moms with their kids to see or animal lovers or whatever.

So I started thinking about what I do, which my friends dogs take mine

Do any of you know exactly what the state of Ohio wants us to do (legally) with deer carcasses?
    If there were 8 days in a week I would hunt 8 days

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Up here in Mich. that is illegal as hell if it's along a road or state land like that. Not to mention it gives the rest of us hunters a bad name when a non-hunter happens to walk by and discover. Up here we dispose of it in our regular trash, just has to be bagged well.

here in PA if you get caught dumping or putting them out you can be fined, even on your own land?, its not enforced a lot, but it is the law here
    they require them to be disposed of like trash
    I'm lucky my buddy is a butcher, and has a company that wants them
    I havebeen klnown to put a rib cage or parts out for a bait /to place a trail cam over to see what eats it
    but I would believe that most states have like laws
    its about preventing illness from rotton meats and likes
    or causing other problems

I have always disposed of them in the regular trash... never had an issue... there isn't a whole lot left once i am done cutting them up... but, yeah dumping them on the side of the road??? not a good idea for all the reasons listed above!

Thread Information