OK now over the yrs I have killed a lot of deer that were wounded
when I was a small kid, before I started hunting, I used to go out in the snow after gun season and track deer and almost every yr I would find blood trails and thus find wounded or dead deer.
many times I would even do this in deer season as I got older, and then when I would find one,still alve, I would find a hunter and have them come kill it/tag it
have taken part in maybe about 15 kills this way over the yrs as a kid

every yr since then, I have still found wounded deer or live ones wounded every yr, and countless dead one's

over the yrs after I started hunting, I have many times had a wounded deer come out by me, while hunting and I have always tried my best to put them down, even if it meant using my only buck tag on a small buck, thus taking out my only chance at a buck I wanted/or hoped for!
a few times over the yrs I have actually called the sate in and was even given a new tag for shooting the deer due to how damaged it was when I killed it, had this happen on out of state hunts more than my own state???
But it just always seemed like the right thing to do!
and on a scary note for me now, it seems like almost every deer I kill anymore here where I hunt in PA
has a bullet wound anymore, or a slug in it? even deer that seem healthy, once that hide comes off they all have bullet
or arrow/broadhead wounds in them, or slugs!
I have also shot some that I believe had been hit by cars, as broken bones that had healed up or were still broken!

SO how many others here have tagged a wounded deer because it was wounded??

or found a slug or arrow/broadhead in them??
Just wondering how common this is??