Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Rut

You can't pin point when it will happen. I do not follow what the experts say. I go by what I witness in the woods every year. Thing is if the rut does hit early say late October then Nov 4th week they could go on lockdown mode. If you are taking off work for a week IMO I would take the week before Nov 4th and focus on a pre rut hunt. I saw more bucks this year pre rut than rut time. If you do this then I would most definitely put a mock scrape or two.
    If there were 8 days in a week I would hunt 8 days

Ok I'll take a stab at this.....the very peak of next years rut will be on November 6th at 3:41pm......though I may be wrong.LOL
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

Ugh I sucks picking a day, seems like in PA it's the first and second week of November. I think we may stick with the first week of November.

Stonegod - I'm holding you to that

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    You can't go wrong with those dates teej89. Always when I plan my full week of Ohio hunting I look at the first week. My buddy has to put in for his time off way in advance too so I look to see when the 5th. of November falls and figure it out from there. The 5th. has been an excellent day over the years for seeing big boys. Also, for me I usually can go back a quick weekend or two after that week too though. Of course this year I didn't have any vacation time to allow for that and work got crazy busy this past year.

Halloween always the start of it for me but I have killed on Nov 6,9,17,19 and 3 bucks on the 15th in southwestern ohio.

Just reading all of these comments, I am in the same boat. Trying to figure dates out. I either go 1st through 11th or 13-20th. I am planning on the earlier of the two at this point. I get back home to Ohio every couple years to hunt and only got in for rut hunt 1x i bout 6-7 years so really excited about this year. I put in my leave this morning for the first week!

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    We are pretty much set on the first week of November for our week. This will give me many more opportunities on weekends through the rest of the month.

Ill be there November 1st to the 10th. Hopefully sometime then.

My 3 biggest bucks have been on Nov 5th

I usually take my vacation the last week of october thru the first two weeks of november

I'll have to chime in on this one after I see what the moons look like but you can't beat the first three weeks of november.

Thread Information