Thread: Planning a Trip to Hocking County

Question Planning a Trip to Hocking County

I am putting together a bow hunting trip down to Hocking County with some friends and family. We are renting a cabin on ~20 acres off of SR 56 west of S Bloomingville on Jan 17th through the 20th. I know this is late season and food source will probably be the best area to hunt. We have looked the area over online and a topo map from the owner. We have never made such a trip down south from up here in the flatlands of NW Ohio but sure it will be good time and hopefully maybe even a little bit lucky. If we like the area we will be renting the cabin for early 2013 season next November.

Looking for any local information on the hunting in the area, suggestions, restaurants or other helpful information.

Respectfully,
    HuntingAgain

Send me a PM with your phone number. I hunt Hocking every week, and close to where your heading. Hopefully i can help out with making it a good trip.

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Good luck to you HuntAgain! Hopefully the hunt will be worth your time there and I would say any time you can get in the Hocking Hills area the beginning of November you simply cannot go wrong.

Anyone else out there that can help him out??

Google Jimbos they are right on 56 I believe. Take an apitite with ya. In the summer alot of folks ride their Harley there and the Burgers are huge and delicious.
    As far as hunting goes a good area but not a big crop area unless you get toward town which sounds like your not close to town. I personally would first listen to what slider says. I have hunted in the area, a friend of mine has a 250 acre place there and it is rough. Alot of steep cliffs and alot of thick thick thick stuff. What usually works in that area is creek bottoms and hardwoods like most places. Alot of deer down there. good luck
    If there were 8 days in a week I would hunt 8 days

Thread Information