Thread: When planning to go out???

Hybrid View

When planning to go out???

Hey guys, when planning to go out how much of an emphasis do you put on the weather. Do you base what days to go out by what the weather is doing??? I seem to be doing this alot lately. Especially, late season. I am still puttin in work about 2-3 days a week in the stand. How should I be planning when i go out, to be more successful. I would like to be out alot more than that but i work alot and have kids in sports so, i basically get out when i can.

well I believe in hunting when you can
    timing weather is just too unpredictable for me to plan by

But if I am off and colder weathers hist, I do hunt different places over others hoping the cold temps makee them feed sooner
    hunting food sources more in really cold weather
    and also play snow , by hunting any standing crops, beans corn or, Brassicia
    as deer seem to flok to things they don't have to dig for in snow as much
    so, No I don't plan hunts on weather, but I do hunt different spots based on what its doing or expected to that hunt

if your hunting in ohio good luck on planning around the weather now if it is pouring down rain I will hunt out of blind if i can get to it if creek isnt to high but i hunt when ever i can

Do deer move that much while its raining?? I thought that they more less bedded down. I guess what I should be asking is during what conditions in the late season will you see more deer movement and in what conditions will you see minimal movement. In your experiences??? I understand that we can not pinpoint and say that these deer will be here at this time, but from your experiences what do you hold to be the most accurate??

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    I find that in January if you get a fairly warm sunny day lots of deer move into fields to eat in the early afternoon. Light rain doesn't effect deer much at all. But, heavy downpours do slow down movement.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

well, in my experience, here in heavy pressured area
    deer move most in shootable light in winter when its COLD, or even more so, if a storm is on its way
    they will come out earlier to feed to try to beat a storm
    its simple facts
    the colder it is the more calories they burn to stay warm, so on colder days they have to eat more to stay warm
    thus get on there feet more/sooner than in normal temps for that time
    as for rain??
    seen them out in major down pours andin heavy lighting storms too, all depends on how hungry they are and how long its been raining
    if its been raining a few days, there out cause again they need to eat to stay warm
    if its just a couple hrs of rain, they might sit it out and waait for it to stop
    any bigger changes in weather do seem to get deer up and on the feed sooner too
    so if a storm , a cold front is coming, the evening before is awlays a great nite here, unless hunting/people pressure keeps them out!

Thread Information