Thread: Gun Bans???????

Gun Bans???????

OK all the shooting lately have been starting the GUN ban talks BIG time
    is anyone worried about another gun ban, HI cap mag ban and what ever else they dream up
    I mean I feel terrible about the shootings,
    BUT I do not see how banning guns, or restricting how many bullets in a mag will solve anything
    BUT if they pass any new laws,
    it will drive the prices up big time on these so called assault weapons and ammo and mags
    so anyone buying now to have , before they are outlawed???

Quote Originally Posted by mrbb View Post
    OK all the shooting lately have been starting the GUN ban talks BIG time
    is anyone worried about another gun ban, HI cap mag ban and what ever else they dream up
    I mean I feel terrible about the shootings,
    BUT I do not see how banning guns, or restricting how many bullets in a mag will solve anything
    BUT if they pass any new laws,
    it will drive the prices up big time on these so called assault weapons and ammo and mags
    so anyone buying now to have , before they are outlawed???
    By the looks of things, something is going to happen. Probably not good either. We just had an election and if you don't think your vote counts or matters you are about to find out. All these shootings that have happened in the past 10/20 years have been very tragic and sad. But my question is, what has changed in our society in the past 20yrs that has helped this to happen? We have always had guns. My opinion is that we can not disipline our children without someone saying were wrong. So most kids do as they please. The so called educated people seem to think its better to drug them with god knows what to keep them in line. And yah, violent movies, and videos are easy to come by. I'm not sure if that contributes. So the liberal politicians, and media will take the easy way out. They will make it harder and more expensive to own guns. And maybe some day they will take them away.
    what goes around, comes around. (I sure do hope so)!!

I've been buying stuff since the election. I bought my first AR on the Saturday before the election and have been buying accessories/mags/ammo since.
    Bear Lights Out 27"/60#
    Beman ICS Hunter 400 arrows
    Whisker Biscuit
    Extreme Archery 3 Pin Sight
    100gr Rage 2 Blade

"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."

Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by Griz View Post
    By the looks of things, something is going to happen. Probably not good either. We just had an election and if you don't think your vote counts or matters you are about to find out. All these shootings that have happened in the past 10/20 years have been very tragic and sad. But my question is, what has changed in our society in the past 20yrs that has helped this to happen? We have always had guns. My opinion is that we can not disipline our children without someone saying were wrong. So most kids do as they please. The so called educated people seem to think its better to drug them with god knows what to keep them in line. And yah, violent movies, and videos are easy to come by. I'm not sure if that contributes. So the liberal politicians, and media will take the easy way out. They will make it harder and more expensive to own guns. And maybe some day they will take them away.
    I agree , something has had to have changed with how people view things
    to me we are several generations now past the generation, of when you , well, had fear of punishment from your parents, enevr mind the cops and laws
    peole now a days say that stuff back then was wrong, and some I am sure was, but at the same time, I do think that that, fear/respect of parents being able to hand out disipline as they seen fit
    to me
    taught a lesson no drug or hug ever will
    and now a few generations past that stuff, to me, is maybe part of these shootings
    and I also agree with the movies and video games being a questionable addition

But do not see how its a guns fault, or a single items
    for how many guns are in america , if they were the main cause, we would have a LOT more problems every day than we do
    there just tools

but I am sure something is going to happen, and agree its not going to be good for the law biding gun owners

I'm sure the the people who think they know what's best for us (the government) will ban all assault rifles and high cap mags very very soon. It's inevitable. It's ridiculous because it won't change anything as we all know. In my opinion, two things come to mind about why our society is the way it is now. One, parents don't discipline their kids anymore. Butt whoopens didn't hurt me any and I know I deserved them. Second thing, and I'm gonna do a small amount of Bible thumping, when our country started removing religion out of everything that's when things started going downhill. Maybe I'm wrong but that's my opinion.

guns are just tools, the person behind the gun makes the decisions.

In theory these limits seem reasonable. But. We had a ban like this for ten years and it didn't have an impact. Second, less than 2% of acts like we're discussing happen with a rifle. Third. Every state with a concealed carry permit has shown lower levels of violent crime. We all want a safer place but there's no easy answer by passing a bill.

My opinion is this, The trouble started when offenders knew we didn't carry guns anymore to protect ourselves. It will end when people in the schools, malls, movie theaters, etc. take the responsabiity to arm themselves and put these idiots in their graves before anything like this can happen. Nothing short of that will work. Anyone with any common sense should know that.
    I have strong opinions about God, Guns, Guitars and Harley Davidsons, I can remain open minded about everything else.
    Member of Pope & Young, and Buckeye Big Buck Club.
    Member of the Bloody Blazers, 2011-2012 team challenge winners.

Thread Information