I have done the ham bag deal with some meatier hind quarters of older deer.....makes for a great veggie stew with already cut up venison in place of beef cuts.....the bone in hind quarter in a bag allows for so much flavor to get into the soup its crazy.....and the longer you cook it the better it gets, as long as you go a few hours you will not taste even the slightest bit of gamey meat.....

also, for those of you who make jerkey using a jerky gun....here is a trick I just learned this past weekend......do everything just as your normally would and make your strips, not the slim jim snack bites but the actual strips from the jerky gun......place them in the dehydrator and do everyting just as you normally would.......I do mine for 10-16 hours depending on thickness so with this little trick you only want to dehydrate them for about 5-6 hours....just long enough for them to bond together and become one solid strip and not a strip of ground up meat that falls apart.....ok, after 6 hours or how ever long it takes for them to bond, take them out and wrap them around a half sliced jalapeno that you have de-seeded, then wrap a piece of bacon around that and put toothpicks through to hold in place and put on the smoker for about 3-5 hours....I guess you could do the oven if you dont want the smoky flavor......but those little things were as close to heaven as you could get with venison.....

I know I said no recipes when I started this thread but I had to share that, it was just something that a friend and I decided to try this weekend.....we smoke a lot of meat all summer long...if you are familar with smoking foods then you know these are just a knock off from ABT's that the smoking community loves to make........quite possibly the best tasting snack i have ever made with venison.