Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DEER POPULATION-up or down

Hybrid View

I'm starting to believe you guys on the population being way down, the last few seasons if you guys recall I was constantly busting bedded down does when I was going to my blinds. This year I haven't busted a bedded deer yet......either I've suddenly become a super stealthy hunter.....or the deer pop is way down this season for some reason......I'm leaning toward the latter.LOL We were getting tons of deer on the cams earlier this season (sept-oct) but something has changed in the woods. I sat several days this season without seeing/hearing anything.....not a bird....squirrel....zip!! It was like someone had dropped a bomb back there. And the weird thing is the area I hunt isn't hunted all that hard by other hunters.
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

what helps me out is the 1050 ac. H.S. pro-staffers lease across the street ( i'm sure ther aren't coming to ohio for doe's ) south of me -1/2 mile- there is 1400+ ac. of MEAD land that they clearcut 800 ac. of it 4 yrs ago, it looks very thick, that might be helping my deer pop....... like to see just 2 doe limit

Thread Information