Got a chance to try some slugs through it this morning. Let me say I was a little leary after the comments made on my other thread about gunsmiths not wanting to drill and tap this gun for a scope mount. My initial slug was shot from the hip as I did the shot shells the other day. Everything went OK on the slug test fire. This sighting in was done at 35 yards in hunting conditions. By that I mean sitting on the ground shooting of off a tripod. No sandbags and the gun shouldered.

After that I started sighting in. I had purchasd 10 Remington 2 1/2" 1/5 ounce slugs and 15 3" 1/4 ounce Brennekes. I started with the Remingtons to get close as I knew I wanted to hunt with the Brennekes. The first target kind of tells the story. I shot 4 Remingtons and ended up a decent elevation and windage a bit to the left. I then took a shot with a Benneke and was to the left and a little high. I made an elevation adjustment downward. I ended up with good elevation but still left with my windage.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slugs1.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	9650

At this point I adjusted my windage to the right and I felt I was ready to shoot a test group with the Brennekes. Not to bad for shooting off of a tripod at 35 yards. No two shots were more than an inch apart. The group was overall a bit to the right though. I made a slight windage adjust ment to the left and screwed the caps back on the scope. I feel I should be able to hit any deer that steps into range with this rig.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slugs2.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	9651