Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This Weeks Project

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    I shot the gun on Thursday with no problems. Will be picking up some slugs today and hope to do some testing Sunday or Monday.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

The one I have is 22" and a mod choke.
    Don't ever let the truth get in the way, of a good story

My daughter has this same gun we took it to 3 different gun smiths to get it drilled and taped to mount a scope to it and al 3 of them refused to do it they all said the barrel was to thin to drill holes in it. They were worried if they drilled and taped it that when we fired a shot through it it could explode in our face. So just be cautious when you fire your first shot I would fire a few at the ground without shouldering the gun. But if it is safe best of luck to you
    you wont killem siting on the couch

My son had one of these combos, fine firearm. Good luck.
    "There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period." -Ted Nugent

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiobuckhunter View Post
    My daughter has this same gun we took it to 3 different gun smiths to get it drilled and taped to mount a scope to it and al 3 of them refused to do it they all said the barrel was to thin to drill holes in it. They were worried if they drilled and taped it that when we fired a shot through it it could explode in our face. So just be cautious when you fire your first shot I would fire a few at the ground without shouldering the gun. But if it is safe best of luck to you
    I fired three, three inch rounds through it on Thursday. I never put a gun against my cheek the first time I fire it. I rested the butt on my thigh for the first two shots. The third shot I shouldered and there was not any problem. But, I appreciate you letting me know what the gunsmiths said. I admit that there is not a lot of barrel to tap into. I know that these mounts come factory on the 20 and 12 gauge guns made by Rossi. But, the barrels may be thicker on those gauges.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

Thread Information