After sitting home the week of deer gun season I decided I needed to get back to gun hunting. My doctor has advised me to no longer shoot shotguns or high powered rifles. But, I thought why not a .410. Not enough recoil there to bother my chest after my open heart surgery. So the search began earlier this week. I knew a single shot would suit me best for this little project. On Tuesday morning I found what I was looking for. A Rossi youth combo with a 22" modified .410 barrel and a .22LR barrel. Two things caught my eye on the internet ad. A $50 price was good and the .410 barrel already had a base mount for a scope. Now the catch, the ejector didn't work on the .410 barrel. It was missing a pin to keep tension on the ejector spring. I figured I didn't need the .22 so I would steal that pin and use it in the .410. The stock and forearm had been painted black with a brush. Again no big deal, I use my guns not display them. After looking at the pin in the .22 barrel I thought I could just make one. I took a heavy finishing nail, cut it to the correct length and walla, an easy fix. I took the .410 out yesterday for test firing. Everything worked fine. Next step I headed to my basement to find the next intregal part, a scope. Alas, I foung a 4X Bushnell that had a price sticker of $5.00 on it. Where I got it who knows, but I never pass up a steal at the flea market. I'll be headed out later this morning to pick up a set of rings and will get the scope mounted. I'll be testing some slugs early next week and plan to have this thing in the woods a week from Saturday. Hope a fat doe ambles by to field test it.

Not much to look at but I'm confident that when I'm done it will do the job.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	project1.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	9644