Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's your least favorite and or favorite "professional hunter"

Who's your least favorite and or favorite "professional hunter"

Figured I'd throw in a new thread, and I was thinking bout this the other day while hunting, and this is helping me procrastinate on a paper that's due thursday.... anyways in your opinion whos your least favorite "professional" hunter and why? And or who's your favorite professional hunter?

I'll start off with my least favorite, well theres a couple but only one name comes in mind. That man is Stan Potts, he seems like a nice guy and what not but I have never seem someone who's killed MULTIPLE +200" bucks get so over dramatically excited after shooting a deer just for a television show. He doesn't have to sell it, but I feel he tries so hard to after the kill. Yeah I get excited and pumped but this guy puts a SHOW on and at some point i'm thinking Stan just stop you're ruining it.

My favorite guys would probably either be the Drury brothers or Fred Eichler. Oh yeah can't forget the Infamous Fred Bear, bought my dad his DVD's last year for christmas and those are some pretty cool videos, it's amazing what that guy did with traditional equipment.

I don't think stan is trying to over sale "it" I honestly think his is pure rush of emotion! He is breathing so fricken hard and shaking I think the old fart is gonna have a heart attack on stand. Larry Wieshuhn drives me nuts! The man can't shoot. Saw an episode last yr were he was throwing lead at a buck and hit it in the back of the head! I'm with you on the Drurys too! Oh and the HOTTIES for the eye candy! LOL!

Mike

By far my favorite pro hunter and show is Bill Winke of Midwest Whitetail. Hes not the most outgoing personality but he seems really down to earth and the show is really informative with a good about of Ohio hunts thrown in. As for my least favorites thats and easy one. I met Mark Drury at one of the NWTF conventions and he was a pompus ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
    I met Mark Drury at one of the NWTF conventions and he was a pompus ass.
    man never woulda guessed that

Hey!!!!!! what do you mean Stan is an old fart! Him and I are about the same age. LOL. Thats probably why he is my favorite, and I don't think he over acts either. Us old guys have a wealth of knowledge, one of these days you'll realize that. Wait till you guys are in your upper 50's and lower 60's and see if you don't get excited when you realize you can still kill deer with a bow at that age. My least favorite would be David Blanton. Watched a Realtree video once and he clearly hit the deer in the neck and they passed it off as a good shot and replaced the deer. With running the shot in slow motion many times it was very evident where he hit it, and looking at the rack on the deer they "found" the brow tines were different. Just admit you made a bad shot and teach people how not to do it. Probably why I don't like too many hunting shows or videos.
    I have strong opinions about God, Guns, Guitars and Harley Davidsons, I can remain open minded about everything else.
    Member of Pope & Young, and Buckeye Big Buck Club.
    Member of the Bloody Blazers, 2011-2012 team challenge winners.

I like Ralph & Vicki, and also think T-bone is a good guy. What I don't like is the eye candy shows. What has that got to do with hunting. If any of them women had to do any of the planing or dragging, or stand hanging, or gutting and on and on. You know they wouldn't be there. But its the nature of TV. My biggest beef is what they think a trophy is. You can be brain washed if your not carefull or have no life experiences. Out of the 5 shooters I saw this trip to Ohio 4 of them would be passed on. Maybe one was a shooter and that depends on the show. They treat does as though you can walk out your back door and kill one when ever you want. I don't think the shows project real reality. How many times can they pull of a kill in the last day of the last hour? They all live in a different world than working people do. But I have to admit, I do enjoy watching some of them. I just try and keep things in prospective. My two cents.
    what goes around, comes around. (I sure do hope so)!!

My all time favorite is Chuck Adams.

I dont like any of them! "I" should be a professional "hunter" and get to travel the country hunting trophy animals...and getting PAID for it! lol!

btw, Roger Raglin is hoot!

I'm with Lord ToneKing- how hard is it to travel around and "hunt" a farm or a spot - where you know the owner or farmer has told them where the deer come from!! It takes all the scouting and true hunting out of it. IMO - they don't have a clue - they knew someone to get on a show or was at the right place at the right time.

GOOD THREAD......wildgame products crew, handsdown & best , LEE & WHATS HER NAME, WOW and she hunts,sweeeeeeet

Thread Information