Thread: WV Bowhunter with a Cincinnati Connection

WV Bowhunter with a Cincinnati Connection

Greetings,
    I am a WV resident and I have a son who lives in Batavia, a few miles east of Cincinnati. I may talk myself into purchasing an Ohio license next year to do a little bowhunting with him. He now hunts some on public land that sorrounds a nearby lake but so far he has had no good luck. Just wondering if there are any other hunting opportunities in the area. Do any of the farmers within 40 miles or so welcome bowhunters? Thanks for any info.
    Bohunter....

Welcome from another new guy, If your referring to East Fork Lake state park I have a friend who Bowhunted the area with good success there many times but no longer lives in the area. Points of interest between Greenbrier rd and the boat ramp and get off the beaten path. No Sunday Hunting too. Hope this helps

Welcome to the site. I live just east of Batavia, but hunt private land. Back when we had to check our deer at a check station I seen several nice deer come out of East Fork. As for farmers welcoming bowhunters, it's hit and miss. The best advice I can give is to ask in the offseason and offer to help out around the place. Good luck to him. I am originally from out of state, my dad makes a trip up from NC every November for a weekend so we can hunt together. It's always a good time.
    Bear Lights Out 27"/60#
    Beman ICS Hunter 400 arrows
    Whisker Biscuit
    Extreme Archery 3 Pin Sight
    100gr Rage 2 Blade

"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."

Ted Nugent

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    GREAT to have you join us!!

Welcome to the site!!
    Enjoy your hunt- the long sit......... the cold.......the rain and snow......the peace and quiet, it may just be your last hunt........... you never know.

Thread Information