Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The One I have been waiting for!!!

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Just found your post Cheif....Something spooked him whether it was a slight noise, maybe some movement or perhaps he got a quick whiff of you it's hard to say. My thought is if he spooked and wouldn't return to the call that brought him in then I would put that call away for a while as I am sure he may associate that with what ever alerted him now. If that was him that returned but you couldn't see my thoughts are that he was trying to circle downwind of you and maybe now he does have confirmation of what you were. Hard to say how long but I would guess he won't put himself in the same position twice this season.

Thanks for all the info everyone. Its makes alot of sense. I am basically learning everything by myself and with the help of everyone on this site for advice. I have put in a ton of time in the woods this year so far and have learned a tremendous amount about what this all about. As I told my wife, I have to learn this so that I can take my boys in a few years and be able to teach them all of the things that I have learned through experience. I wish I would have been doing this along time ago. But its definately something to pass on to my 3 boys.

You just never know. My guess is he heard your draw, the slightest noise but it sounds like he was unsure of you. That is good for you. If he knew you were there he more than likely would have been snorting and yelling. Even if they do or don't I always in that case put out a couple of grunts or so just hoping it does make him unsure of what you were. He should be back. Nobody can tell you when but be ready next time and try to have your draw before he gets there.
    If there were 8 days in a week I would hunt 8 days

Thread Information