Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In need of hunting grounds

In need of hunting grounds

I was wondering if anyone who might have land or if someone who might have a private area to hunt would allow my 14 year old and myself to hunt thier land or hunt with them? Tried finding private land all the farmers said they have certain people they let hunt every year so no luck. Please could someone help us?

For some reason alot of guys or gals are looking for private land. Don't over look public land. I'm a out of stater and hunted public land twice now. Its pretty damn good!! You may have to deal with a few other hunters but I'm use to that here in NH. If you can't locate a private place to hunt give public land a try. You may be surprised.
    what goes around, comes around. (I sure do hope so)!!

We tried public grounds and every ten minutes people were walking through our spot and even had some guys get nasty with my 14 year old.

I know this is a typical quote but go deep into public, my dad and I went there for the first time this year and we both encountered ZERO hunters sitting all day and both had chances at +125" bucks. Also if you can find an area where the public land peninsulas out and is surrounded by private, thats a great spot, that's what ours is and we know the hunters on the one side of the peninsula and the other no one is allowed to hunt it at all.

and to add, that was during the rut also, we only hunted friday to sunday each time, or starting next year check out basecampleasing.com, it's a little late to be asking around for permission, you may find some people that wouldn't mind letting you hunt the late season and take some does off their property. Good luck with the search!

Thanks Teej89 I hate to but may just wait till next season to hunt because I won't go through or put my son through what we experienced on public land. A couple guys got really rude with my 14 year old. So I don't know what else to do.

yeah i hear ya, people can be real a-holes on public land acting like they own it. Good luck with the search, sucks to hear people were being rude to your son. Where are you at btw?

We live in Lorain county but went to spencer and wellington public land. Wish I could find someone who could invite us to hunt with them.

I wish I could help, my first year of gun hunting we went in public land in PA and it was elbow to elbow hunters and some were not very nice and hunting that area sucked seeing hunters all the time and hearing shots within 100 yds every so often. This late in the season I doubt anyone would let ya on their property unless you're just looking for your boy to get a shot at a doe they might. I hunt down in muskigum county though. Keep an eye on basecampleasing.com you get a group of 5 or 6 people you're looking at like $500-$1000/person for a lease. Also hightechredneck.com is a good site.

Don't let a bad encounter in public land put ya down, i've hunted public land for 12 years straight and have killed plenty of deer, go in deep and get there EARLY then you're the one shining the flashlight at the people walking in telling them to scram.

Thanks. I think I'm gonna call it a year though. Just don't feel like putting up with a bunch of a holes.

Thread Information