Thread: How to find property lines??

How to find property lines??

Good afternoon gentlemen, hope you all had a good Thanksgiving... Yesterday at Thanksgiving dinner while venting to my Father about how the East Fork Wildlife Area is used as everyone's dog park even though it's clearly posted that all activities other than trapping or hunting are prohibited this time of the year, my a family member overheard me and offered up his father's 112 acre farm out in Adams County which I jumped all over. Problem is, he is married with 2 kids and lives in Dayton so he don't have the time to show me the property lines and his dad is 80 years old so he can't walk the property with me either. I've found the property on the Adams County Auditor's website but can't find any type of map showing the property lines. Anyone have any idea how I might find that information? Thanks

well I would contact the county records dept and ask for a map of the property and also a list of the adjoining properties, then you can get the names of them and ask about permission to recover a deer or, hell maybe even access
    on these maps they will show the coordinates of the property, which if you own a GPS you can then walk it and mark it for yourself, just remember that hand held GPS's are only so so accurate, so allow for some gray area on your side to be safe

getting amap like this , here in PA they charge I think $20.00, but there good to have
    we get them in the records dept in the county auditor's office
    the county court house where the property is located is where I would go and ask them to direct you to right dept
    I laminated mine then, there good to have on hand if you ever have to recover and a neighbor claims your on there side too, all the mroe so if a warden is called in!

good luck

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    What mrbb said. Some counties have on-line plot maps available too. Worth checking out. If you still run into a dead end then head to the middle of the property and don't wander far. Most property of that size usually still have line fences and such. Just be aware of that if you run into one.

Good info gentlemen, i'll call the county auditor's office Monday....

I know the Union Co. web site has a map with all the lines on it, and an overlay ariel photo to go with it.
    Good luck
    Don't ever let the truth get in the way, of a good story

I would also be checking with the adjoining neighbors cause they might show you where they think the lines are. If you knock on their door explaining that you are just being courteous and not wanting to tresspass you will probably be told that you can come on their land as well but maybe not up in the back yard. Wether the county gives you the map or not the neighbors will let you know where their lines are.
    If there were 8 days in a week I would hunt 8 days

Thread Information