Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rut this weekend!?!? Please?!?!

Can't we all just get along!
    Is there anything better than being in the woods?!

My turn, yes i bow hunt though this year between family issues and two jobs I have only been out one time and it is killing me lol. But it is what it is. Yes I will be out as much as I can during gun season, we dont drive the farm we hunt but we will try to tag out if possible does that make me a bad hunter in my opinion no but everyone has their opinions. As long as your safe, legal and smart it doesnt mater what you hunt with.

Hudson, Ohio I hunt mostly in Jefferson County
    I love bow hunting, but I got my start gun hunting. My dad and older brother do not deer hunt, so my uncle taught me how. Every year I try to take a few days off during gun season and head down to our family farm to do some bonding with my uncle. I get a bigger thrill and a greater sence of accomplishment from taking a deer with my bow, but there is just something special about gun season. I like heading down to the farm and hagingout with a group of guys I only get to see once a year. To me it is more about spending time with family and friends doing something we love. Oh, and the rut has really slowed down.

My turn. Took up bow hunting 2 years ago. Am still learning but am definitely learning to love it. Started gun hunting 7 years ago at age 38. Learned on my own. Will be out Monday with my ML. Trying to fill the freezer and don't need the deer to get that close with a gun. I agree with sticking together as hunters and being ethical. That said, I suppose the fact that I use a youth bow doesn't make me a "real" bow hunter. I bought it because it was used and cheap and I wasn't sure I could even shoot a bow (can't seem to shoot a gun straight given the number of misses I've had). Figured I would get a bigger bow when I got things figured out. However, now that I know that it kills deer just as dead and the fact it's lightweight and compact, and given the price of newer bows, I think I'll just keep it. Look down on me if you must but a holier than thou attiutde doesn't make sense to me.

Thread Information